17.7.08

I.B. Global Lesson

So to celebrate the 40th anniversary of our lovely program, I.B.O is having the first ever Global Lesson. Any day during October schools all over the world are encouraged to participate. Read the official information here http://www.ibo.org/announcements/globallesson.cfm

Global Poverty is the focus issue - and this is ideally juxtaposed to the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty on October 17th.

I am making my first online plea to Mr. Pafford and Mrs. Thiele
- CAN WE PLEASE, PLEASE DO THIS?!?! -

There are so many possibilities with this! It is supposed to be done in TOK and in MYP humanities classes. For FHS, that only leaves out the Juniors. With our early release Wednesdays in October, maybe we could have guided discussions in the Little Theatre about Poverty in our Local, National, and Global communities.

Since the Awake- A - Thon (more on this event later, for those of you who don't know about it), maybe we could switch our charity from Adopt A Minefield to One (the American branch of the Global Call to Action Against Poverty, like the UK's Make Poverty History)

Franklin students talk to your teachers, go into the I.B. Office and tell the powers that be. I think this would be a great way for the FHS IBers to embrace the I.B. community, something that sometimes I know I feel disconnected to.

Just a thought, if you are interested.

1 comment:

Paffdaddy said...

Yes! We can investigate this as a project etc. I just need leadership and commitment. We'll talk more.